Sunday, February 17, 2013

I want to write a poem


I want to write a poem,
About an egotistic poet.
Writing about himself.
I think I could do it if I try,
But I’m so bad at this poetry game.
My poems don’t even rhyme.

I want to write a poem
About a megalomaniac poet.
Will someone tell me I can do it?
I feel so useless right now.
I can never find good endings for second verses.

I want to write a poetry.
But I use staple lines rather badly.
The poet who I write about will be awesome.
Maybe he’ll write about a really shitty poet.
Maybe he’ll even swear a litte.
Nah, I’d bet he fucking won’t.

I need a good title for my poem.
I suppose the poem ought to rhyme.
I heard that good poets don’t rhyme.
No, not all the time.
How many lines should a verse have?

The poet I shall write about will know.
Or maybe he won’t.
The poem shouldn't end abruptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment